Sunday, 8 April 2012

Family and Friends

Is it just me or does anyone else come from a crazy family? Whenever my family gets together we always end of acting like complete goofs and creating the most hilarious memories. Today my Tante, Onkel and cousin came over for dinner. So altogether we had 8 people. Not that many, but enough to create some good memories.

A couple highlights for me was when my Oma said her electric kettle was broken and my Pappa goes “Well turn it on…” and then my Pappa, Opa and Onkel take about twenty minutes to figure out how to work the kettle…it was rather amusing to watch.

I also got picked on because I was short, my 14 year old cousin towers over me and the entire night everyone was cracking jokes about how short I was. I don’t mind the short jokes, I enjoy them and laugh about them and I even got a couple snappy comebacks in tonight ( God only lets things grow until they are perfect , some of us reached perfection sooner than others or Short people have the best perspective on life, we are always looking up)

  Notice how she towers over me!


 I prefer this picture because you cant tell the height difference!





Perhaps the most memorable thing that was said tonight was the final words that came out of my mouth “If we were Amish we would be watching TV by candlelight.” That got a few good laughs out of everyone, I honestly have no idea what I was thinking!

I think we should all cherish the time we have with family. It’s important. Some days we are all ready to run away from home and leave our family behind, but think back, even though some of you may not get along with your family you probably have some great memories from times you have spent with them. Even if it was just something little. The little things can sometimes make the best memories.

You were born into the family you were for a reason. God wanted you there and even though you may not know why right now, just know that God wants you there for a reason. He has a purpose for your life and you are where you are for a reason.

Family also does not have to be blood family. I am blessed because I have dear friends that are like family to me. I love them like they were my own family. I can count on them for anything and they have been some of the biggest supports in my life. We have laughed together, cried together and prayed together and we know each other really well. It is so wonderful to have friendships like that. I know that they will always be there for me and the trust we have with each other is amazing. I am blessed everyday by their friendships may it be a prayer , a hug or an encouraging word. If I have ever taken the time to text you and ask you how you are doing or simply that I am praying for you, that’s my special way of telling you that I appreciate you and I`m glad you’re my friend!

 

I am blessed by the countless relationships I have. To all my friends and family, I love you guys so much! Be Blessed!

Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment